Episode 3 of my Intrepid Search for the Perfect Toasted Muesli:
This one has a lovely summer hit with the toasted bananas
and I adore dried peaches any old time.
I am attempting to source locally grown ingredients
so the Australian Pecans tick that box.
Cardamom? Not local but gorgeous, nonetheless.
PEACH + PECAN TOASTED MUESLI
4 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup pecans, toasted + chopped
1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
1 cup rice bran cereal
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup golden syrup
1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup dried peaches, chopped
1/2 cup dried bananas
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
2. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
3. Place oats, pecans, seeds, rice bran and cardamom onto tray.
4. Drizzle golden syrup + honey over the mixture, mix and bake for 30 minutes,
stirring occasionally, until golden and toasted.
5. Toss with the dried peaches + bananas. Allow to cool.
6. Store in an airtight container. Serve as preferred, perhaps with chilled milk, thick natural yoghurt, freshly sliced nectarine.